Using the database on an external server or NAS instead of locally brings many advantages, such as:
- No database server has to be started locally, which means that about 200MB of RAM and CPU resources are saved.
- The "max_connections" (maximum number of simultaneous connections) in a local database is lower than that when using a NAS. So that PaperOffice can establish more simultaneous connections to the database. P>
- The data backup in PaperOffice is not necessary anymore since this takes place directly on a NAS.
- MySQL or, accordingly, the MariaDB configuration can be adapted and optimized independently to achieve maximum database performance.
- Direct access to the MySQL database or MariaDB can be done via HeidiSQL or phpMyAdmin.Database NAS Advantage