I have problems or my antivirus is blocking PaperOffice - what can I do?
We generally recommend contacting PaperOffice support team to resolve the issue through our free installation service via phone and teamviewer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Measure 1 - Remove antivirus completely and use Windows Defender (recommended)
- Open the "Control Panel", click "Uninstall a program" under "Programs" and look for your installed antivirus program in the list. Right-click to select the "Uninstall" option.
- After that the uninstall program will start. Click the "Uninstall" button here.
- Once the process is complete, you will be asked if you want to restart your computer. Confirm the query with "Yes".
Perform a new clean installation:
- Uninstall PaperOffice via the Control Panel, acknowledge any possible error messages with OK.
- Make sure the installation directory as well as the setup files "com.paperoffice.setup.en.windows.full.exe", the setup folder "com.paperoffice.setup.files" and the following directories have been removed:
- Restart your PC.
- Download the very latest release directly http://www.paperoffice.com/from here
- Run this setup with an administrator account and go through
- Restart the PC in the last setup step.
Measure 2 - Configure antivirus.
Make sure that your virus scanner does not block any PaperOffice components unless you are using Windows Defender. If in doubt, and also to speed up PaperOffice, add the PaperOffice installation folder to the "exclude list", "exception list" or "whitelist".
If you have any questions on how to do this, contact your antivirus vendor or contact our support team, we will be happy to help.
All PaperOffice components are guaranteed to be free from viruses, malware and Trojans.
If your antivirus still incorrectly reports a virus or similar, you can always check it out yourself at www.virustotal.com Check if the file is really infected or if you should use a reliable virus scanner. Logically, as a Windows manufacturer, Microsoft also has the best possible antivirus solution!
Most antivirus programs do more harm than good to your system and slow down your entire system immensely.
Read on Chip.de "Ex-Firefox developer: Uninstall Your Anti-Virus Protection immediately"
Trust only original Microsoft software!
We recommend the use of the best antivirus "Windows Defender" which is already integrated directly into Windows 10.
After the update, check if your problem persists. If so, please proceed to the next step.
To ensure that nothing was blocked during the installation, we recommend uninstalling PaperOffice and reinstalling it, as described under Step 1.
Measure 3 - if you can start PaperOffice
Make sure all PaperOffice components are registered correctly. Start PaperOffice and select "Options" - "Continue and force update"
After the update check if your problem persists. If so, please proceed to the next step.
Measure 4 (Only if you use your own database server)
Make sure your MySQL / MariaDB server is properly installed and configured. The default factory settings are required which are STANDARD if you install MySQL 5.6 or MariaDB5.
For questions, contact MySQL support or MariaDB support or use the PaperOffice support agreement.
Make sure that no critical components are blocked.
To do this, start PaperOffice and select "Options > Perform self-diagnosis". How do I run a self-diagnostic in PaperOffice?
If no errors are detected select "Start PaperOffice in diagnostic mode", follow the instructions and make a note of the diagnostics identifier.
Describe in the text box of the diagnostic mode all necessary steps from the start of the program to your problem as accurately and comprehensibly as possible (list, screenshots, instructions, video, etc.).
If files are involved in the problem, please send the file/files to email@example.com. You should blacken data protection-relevant data.
#360 Total Security